This GLOA Communication Message was sent out to Adult GLOA Members. Please read this entire post as there are some important details.
As discussed during training, we cover over 120 schools and five Middle School Leagues across the state. We cover teams in Augusta, Athens, Dalton, Macon, Rome, and Savannah. If you travel for work and/or have availability to work games in these areas, please contact the assigning team at [email protected]. Include dates and locations to which you are able to travel.
Please remember you will receive an email from Arbiter once you are assigned a game and you will have up to 72* hours to accept or decline any assignment. Assignments can only be accepted/declined in Arbiter, no other method is an accepted method for game assignments. Please do not send texts or emails to the assignors to accept or decline games. Important: If you do not accept (or decline) an assignment within 72 hours, Arbiter will automatically remove you from the assignment and enter a block for that date/time. You will not show available for other assignments during on that date and during that time.
*Under certain circumstances, some assignments could be as soon as the next day—in a case such as this, an assigner will contact you directly.
As we also discussed during training, please don’t just let the system reject a game if you aren’t available. If you cannot work a pending assignment, please decline the game right away and in the comments/reason section please enter the reason for the declined assignment (e.g.: last minute work issue, illness, etc.)
Be sure to communicate if you aren’t sure!
Important: Add [email protected] to your email contact list as Arbiter Sports emails could go to your spam folder.
If you need some extra time to figure out if you are or aren’t available just send the assigning team an email at [email protected] as we will do our best to work with your schedule. If something comes up, please email and if you don’t see a response then call (within a week). If you have an emergency within 24 hours, or the day of, a game assignment that prevents you from working a game, you must call an assignor or text message all three of us.
Umpires are expected to contact the Referee 72 hours prior to the game to confirm pregame and meeting time/location. The key is that the crew is in communication with each other prior to game day.
Big Game Dates will be posted on the Arbiter in the Announcements on the Main page.
- Update your blocks as far out as possible, a minimum through February and, if you can, through June.
- Keep your blocks up-to-date as your schedule changes!
- Mark yourself “Ready” (on Arbiter homepage)
- Confirm you have the correct travel limits set (Zip Code and Travel Distance)If you have multiple Arbiter accounts, you need to set up for each one
- Confirm you have the correct contact information (Address, Cell Phone & Email) under your profile section
High School Rates:
- Varsity Game Rate: $67
- JV & Freshman Game Rate: $59
Travel fees are paid for High School games, which are based on the mileage shown in the Arbiter
Middle School Rates:
- Middle School Games will have two different rates depending on league and level
- $50* for running clock, (12-Minute Running Quarters, 5-Minute Halftime, 1 TO per half)
- $60 for stop-time, same timing as JV Games (10 Minute Stop Quarters)
*Fee could be $5 less (example games start every 50 minutes instead of 60 minutes)
Any questions please let us know at [email protected]. We are an email or phone call away, but we can only help you if you communicate with us!
Patrick, Stuart & Tony
GLOA Assignor Team