GAOA’s Conference is set for August 8th and 9th 2014, at the Macon Marriott City Center Hotel and Centreplex Conference Facility. Officiate Georgia Day offers officials at all levels an opportunity to improve their officiating skills, to network with officials from across Georgia and from all sports; to rekindle ole Friendships and to make new ones, and to have a voice to help improve officiating in Georgia during sport specific breakout sessions. The theme of this years event is “Communicate, Communicate, Communicate Clearly; Vital to Success”
Registration for Officiate Georgia Day Conference is open on-line at Officiate GA Day Conference Registration. Registration fee is $20.00; reduced membership is $15.00 for conference attendees, and Marriott rooms are $89 plus tax. Additionally, GAOA will offer a low-country-boil and social on August 8th, 2014, at 6 PM at the Macon Marriott City Center Hotel ballroom for $15.00; limited to first 400.
Officiate Georgia Day Conference Speakers:
- Gary Phillips GHSA Executive Director effective July 1, 2014
- Ernie Yarbrough GHSA Associate Director
- Jeff Triplette NFL Official
- Thomas Washington NBA Official
- Lee Baker Atlanta QB Club ( George Gardner Award)
- Sean Wright NBA Official
- Cheer Officials’ Annual Training Session: Jim Lord Executive Director American Association of Cheer-leading Coaches and Administrators and Pam Carter GHSA Cheer Liaison will conduct Cheer Officials’ Annual Train Sessions
There will be a state championship coaches panel as well as a Lacrosse breakout session led by Landon Hunsucker.
Please let Landon Hunsucker know if you plan to attend.