The GLOA is proud to introduce everyone to our newly redesigned and upgraded website at www.galaxref.com. This new website, and the new features we will roll out as the 2014 season approaches, is the culmination of months of work from the GLOA Board, Communications Director Greg Hite, and WebMasters Stuart Smith and Gordon Corsetti.
Besides the new look, here is a list of the major page revisions:
- The GLOA Calendar – stay up to date with everything the GLOA has planned each year with our new calendar
- Game Rules – any major rule changes or interpretations regarding NFHS boy’s lacrosse rules can be read here
- Officials Training – information on adult and youth officials training
- Officiating Resources – a one stop shop for any official to find recommended resources from the GLOA trainers
- Request Officials – if your league, tournament, or event needs certified officials then head to this page
Here is a list of the new social networking integrations:
- GLOA Twitter Feed – https://twitter.com/galaxref
- GLOA Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Lacrosse-Officials-Association/576416619071572
- GLOA YouTube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/gloawebmaster
The GLOA wanted this new site to help our current officials and aid in our recruiting of new officials. We also wanted the groups we serve to have their own areas, with their own list of links. To accomplish this we created the following areas near the bottom of every page on this site:
- Coaches – most important links for coaches
- Program Directors – most important links for program, league, and tournament directors
- Officials – quick links for the most frequently used links by GLOA officials
- Lacrosse Community – links directing the Georgia lacrosse community to the GLOA’s history and how we impact our statewide community off the field
As with any major redesign and upgrade of a website, broken or incorrect links may show up. If you find a broken link we ask that you please email [email protected] so we can document the issue and resolve it quickly.
We hope everyone enjoys the new website and there will be additional posts as we roll out new features in time for the 2014 season.