This past Saturday twenty five young men completed the Level 1 lacrosse training program hosted at the Brady Benefit Tournament. These new officials exceeded the expectations of the trainers during the classroom session on Friday night and the field training on Saturday afternoon.
Each trainee officiated two halves while shadowed by an experienced GLOA official. We would like to thank Eric Sanders, Jeff Greene, Brian Work, Damian Kavanagh, Doug Congleton, and Sonny Pieper for volunteering their time and effort to help these new officials through the field training.
The GLOA would like to thank the Brady family and all of the staff at the tournament for providing a fantastic venue and for promoting how lacrosse families rally around each other in difficult times.
Remember there is still available youth training in September!
Thursday, September 23rd Classroom Session
Hembree Park Recreation Center (HPRC)
850 Hembree Road
Roswell, GA 30076
(REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY, AUGUST 27TH)
Field Training – Saturday, September 25th
Multiple Fields – All in the Roswell Area
1) Click on “Youth Officials Training” on the right-hand navigation.
2) Expand “Classes Available For Registration”
3) Review the class information and decide which session you want to participate in.
4) Expand the “Register For A Class” section and provide ALL of the requested information. (If you are not a US Lacrosse member, please go to www.uslacrosse.org to become a member and receive your membership number).
5) SUBMIT THE REGISTRATION FORM
6) Follow the PayPal Link and pay for your training materials.
You will get an email confirming your registration.