The GLOA now has a Krossover account which allows the Board, Observers, Trainers, and members access to raw game film as well as film that has been commented on. Your login is the email you use with arbiter and you will create a password for your account once you log in for the first time.
If you wish to request game film from a coach who uses Krossover, ask that they email a link with the video to Mike Montgomery, the associations video coordinator, or any board member or assignor.
If the team uses HUDL, we will be able to download the film to our desktop and then upload the film to our Krossover account. if the team uses Krossover we will still need to be sent a public link (our account is free) and then upload the film to our Krossover account.
More information on how to use Krossover can be found on their support page.
Downloading A Game From Hudl Exchange
- Log into your Hudl Exchange account and find the game you would like to upload to Krossover. Once found, you need to select the format you would like to download the film in. For best results, we recommend downloading your film in the “Single MP4 File” format.
- Once you have selected the Single MP4 Format, click the blue “Download All the Video You Received” button under the game you’d like to download and have broken down. Downloading will begin automatically.
- When the film has completed downloading, you can access the files two ways:
- In your Hudl Exchange account, click on the game under “Recent Downloads” to the right. The video will automatically appear in your downloads bar.
- You will also be sent an email when your film is ready. You can click the link in the email to open the video as well.
After that, save the files onto your computer into a folder that you can easily access.
Download A Game From Your Hudl Library (Your Games)
- In your Hudl account, go to your “Video” page and click on “Manage Library”.
Select the playlist from your schedule.
- Click Download on the left hand side of the page.
- The file type dialog box will now appear. We recommend downloading your film in the “Single MP4 File” format.
- Click Prepare this Download and the download process will begin automatically.
- When you receive the email that your download is ready, simply click on the link. Your video will open in a zip file in your Downloads folder.
- In your Downloads folder on your computer, right click on the film file and select Extract or Extract All.\
- Your film is now in .MP4 format for you to upload to Krossover.
Your film is now ready for you to move it into other editing system or save it wherever you need it.
Upload Game Film to Krossover
Sharing Games & Highlight Reels via Krossover
- If you would like to share a game, select the game in which you would like to share from your homepage so that you are viewing it from the breakdown page.
- On the top right, above the video player click on the ‘share’ button.
- You will then be given the option to share your film with ‘Your Team’, ‘Other Krossover Users’, or ‘Recruiters or others via public URL’. When sharing a GAME, you will not have the option to share with your team if you have already added your roster with email addresses. If you have added email addresses for your players, an account was already created for them giving them access to the game.
- If you would like to share your film with other Krossover users, select ‘Other Krossover Users’. You will then be able to type in the name of the Krossover user you would like to share your game with by sending an email with a URL link. Click add when you have found the user and done after you have added who you would like to share your game with.
- If you would like to have a public URL generated for your game to share with recruiters or anyone else, select ‘Recruiters or others via public URL’ and ‘Publish to Web’.
- After selecting ‘Publish to Web’, you will have the option of sharing the raw film only or the breakdown and raw film. Then simply copy & paste the URL. You also have the option to make the link private again.***The only difference between sharing games and highlight reels is that games are already shared with your team if you have created an account for them by adding their email address. To share highlight reels with your team, you will have to do so by clicking share, your team, and select which players you would like to share the reel with.
Creating A Highlight Reel with Krossover
Highlight Reels are great for sharing multiple clips of film to distribute to your players, other coaches, recruiters, and the rest of the world. Krossover automatically compiles clips you select into a playlist, and gives you full control on how the highlight reels are shared.
- To create a highlight reel, navigate to the Video Breakdown for any of the broken down games in your account. Once there, start filtering your film based on the types of plays you’d like to have in your highlight reel:
- Once you have found a clip or set of clips you want to add to a highlight reel, select the play by checking the box to the left of the play number and description:
- Once you have selected desired clip, go ahead and add the clip to a new or existing highlight reel using the “choose a highlight reel” dropdown menu above the play(s) you just selected.