Here is the NFHS rules video for the 2016 spring season.
Here are some notes from the rules meeting at the US Lacrosse Convention.
- Goalie stick is exempt from 4″ shooting string prohibition.
- Contrasting paint is not legal for faceoff men; it must be tape.
- Over and back: play on, ends when it’s clear B is not getting possession, kill it when it breaks plane of midline. Restart is where ball is; don’t bring back to midfield.
- Mistakes by officials: once you become aware of it, fix it before second whistle. Can’t be fixed after a faceoff.
As always if you have qquestions, email GLOA rules interpreter Jeremy Redmon at email@example.com
Youth POE are in addition to NFHS
- Violent Collisions
Notes on youth rules:
- Over and back rule is in effect even in games without counts and is in effect once a team has gained the attack box.
- Shooting string prohibition applies (not goalie).
- No contrasting tape required on faceoff.
- Dual boys and girls youth field is optional.